Model Entry Point¶
Carbon Storage and Sequestration.
InVEST Carbon Model.
Calculate the amount of carbon stocks given a landscape, or the difference due to a future change, and/or the tradeoffs between that and a REDD scenario, and calculate economic valuation on those scenarios.
The model can operate on a single scenario, a combined present and future scenario, as well as an additional REDD scenario.
- args['workspace_dir'] (string) – a path to the directory that will write output and other temporary files during calculation.
- args['results_suffix'] (string) – appended to any output file name.
- args['lulc_cur_path'] (string) – a path to a raster representing the current carbon stocks.
- args['calc_sequestration'] (bool) – if true, sequestration should be calculated and ‘lulc_fut_path’ and ‘do_redd’ should be defined.
- args['lulc_fut_path'] (string) – a path to a raster representing future landcover scenario. Optional, but if present and well defined will trigger a sequestration calculation.
- args['do_redd'] (bool) – if true, REDD analysis should be calculated and ‘lulc_redd_path’ should be defined
- args['lulc_redd_path'] (string) – a path to a raster representing the alternative REDD scenario which is only possible if the args[‘lulc_fut_path’] is present and well defined.
- args['carbon_pools_path'] (string) – path to CSV or that indexes carbon storage density to lulc codes. (required if ‘do_uncertainty’ is false)
- args['lulc_cur_year'] (int/string) – an integer representing the year of args[‘lulc_cur_path’] used if args[‘calc_sequestration’] is True.
- args['lulc_fut_year'] (int/string) – an integer representing the year of args[‘lulc_fut_path’] used in valuation if it exists. Required if args[‘do_valuation’] is True and args[‘lulc_fut_path’] is present and well defined.
- args['do_valuation'] (bool) – if true then run the valuation model on available outputs. At a minimum will run on carbon stocks, if sequestration with a future scenario is done and/or a REDD scenario calculate NPV for either and report in final HTML document.
- args['price_per_metric_ton_of_c'] (float) – Is the present value of carbon per metric ton. Used if args[‘do_valuation’] is present and True.
- args['discount_rate'] (float) – Discount rate used if NPV calculations are required. Used if args[‘do_valuation’] is present and True.
- args['rate_change'] (float) – Annual rate of change in price of carbon as a percentage. Used if args[‘do_valuation’] is present and True.
- args['n_workers'] (int) – (optional) The number of worker processes to use for processing this model. If omitted, computation will take place in the current process.